[Nix-dev] Bison, flex default versions in stdenv-updates bumped

7c6f434c at mail.ru 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Sun Dec 12 23:07:54 CET 2010

		Hello.
	Some time ago I asked about making the fresh versions of flex/bison the defaults in stdenv-updates,
especially concerning the proposals for a freeze. I got no objections (and the previous times the topic came up
the main concern was just the timing), but there started a separate thread about freeze.
	Now the freeze seems to be delayed for binutils update, so I changed the default versions at the same window
of opportunity to reduce number of times everything needs rechecking.
	There were some packages which got special versions of flex/bison. I assumed flex 2.5.34/2.5.35 got picked
based on availability at the time - I may be wrong. I also (obviously) didn't check each and every package which got
old default flex before. If your package fails and it depends on flex - blame it on me, and try other versions of
flex (2.5.4a "the ancient" which was our default before this commit)

Raskin