[Nix-dev] evopedia.nix

Joachim Schiele js at lastlog.de
Wed Dec 8 15:16:13 CET 2010

dear developers of nix and nixpkgs,

i was redirected here by viric at irc.freenode.net:#nixos as i wanted to
contribute the evopedia component to your platform: 'nix os'.

evopedia is a offline wikipedia reader which, using it's torrent
downloader, can download a set of archives from our repositories into
userspace as '~/' for instance.

see http://evopedia.info

this project is already in use on my nokia n900 device and is mainly
developed by a friend of mine. (using maemo)

i've tested this component using a 'nix os' virtual instance in my
virtualbox and i also installed it successfully using my userspace
installation of nix in ~/nix-root with the nix-store in ~/nix-root/store
(not using the default /nix location).

i would like to see this package in the nixpkgs set.
it would be nice to get some feedback in case i did redundant things in
this package like wrong dependencies and such or comments about
packaging style.

great project & i love it!

regards,
joachim schiele

=================== BEGIN all-packages.nix ================

in /etc/nixos/nixpkgs/pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix i've added:

    evopedia = callPackage ../applications/science/misc/evopedia {
      qt = qt4;
    };
=================== END all-packages.nix ================

=================== BEGIN default.nix for evopedia ================
{stdenv, fetchgit, bzip2, qt, libX11}:
stdenv.mkDerivation rec {
   name = "evopedia-0.4.2";

   src = fetchgit {
     url = git://gitorious.org/evopedia/evopedia.git;
     rev = "b9c6b27f9ba321e1fb4a088284715287bf81b680" ;
     md5 = "a2f19ed6e4d936c28cee28d44387b682";
   };

   configurePhase = ''
     qmake PREFIX=$out
   '';

   buildInputs = [ bzip2 qt libX11 ];

   meta = {
     description = "Offline Wikipedia Viewer";
     homepage = http://www.evopedia.info;
     license = "GPLv3+";
     maintainers = with stdenv.lib.maintainers; [viric];
     platforms = with stdenv.lib.platforms; linux;
   };
}

=================== END default.nix for evopedia ================