[Nix-dev] [Nix] Feature request for NixOS introspection.

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 21:18:00 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 09:55, Nicolas Pierron
<nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 23:04, Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> wrote:
>> On 12/06/2010 07:52 PM, Nicolas Pierron wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to bring up a tool to analyze NixOS option and
>>> automatically detect where options are used.  I already made an
>>> expression which produce a pdf file
>>> (nixos/maintainers/option-usage.nix).
>>
>> How does it work?  It sounds like a fairly tricky problem (without support in
>> the evaluator).

Here is a sub-set of the option flow graph (that I can generate) out
of my configuration:

  boot.loader.generationsDir.enable -> system.boot.loader.id
  boot.loader.generationsDir.enable -> system.boot.loader.kernelFile
  boot.loader.generationsDir.enable -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.configurationLimit -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.configurationName -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.copyKernels -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.default -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.device -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.enable -> environment.systemPackages
  boot.loader.grub.enable -> system.boot.loader.id
  boot.loader.grub.enable -> system.boot.loader.kernelFile
  boot.loader.grub.enable -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.extraConfig -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.extraEntries -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.extraEntriesBeforeNixOS -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.extraPerEntryConfig -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.splashImage -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.timeout -> system.build
  boot.loader.grub.version -> boot.loader.grub.splashImage
  boot.loader.grub.version -> environment.systemPackages
  boot.loader.grub.version -> system.build
  boot.loader.initScript.enable -> system.build

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/