[Nix-dev] Re: mips64, loongson2f or what

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Tue Aug 31 23:37:57 CEST 2010

Hello!

Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viriketo at gmail.com> writes:

> But, I'm not sure whether to maintain that weird
> ict_loongson-2_v0.3_fpu_v0.1-linux (indicative of loongson2f), think of a new
> system string, go to "mips64-linux" although all but the bootstrap-tools would
> be for loongson2, use platform.name to distinguish what mips64, ...

Yeah, go for “mips64-linux” since that’s the closest to what GNU
config.guess returns [0] and it’s probably a good idea to not depart
from that one.

But that means your MIPS machines would have to spend the next few days
rebuilding it all, again...

Thanks,
Ludo’.

[0] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/config.git/tree/config.guess#n917