[Nix-dev] Re: new nixpkg: hol

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Wed Aug 25 19:03:50 CEST 2010

On Aug 25, 2010, at 4:00 PM, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:

>> buildCommand = ''
> If you want to override the whole build process, use builder = ./
> builder.sh.
> buildCommand is invoked after unpacking the sources, cd into
> resulting dir
> and ./configure --prefix=$out.
>> tar -xzf "$src"
>> cd hol
> So you unpack src twice.

No, I think you are mistaking buildCommand with buildPhase.
buildCommand is an alternative (and a replacement) to the "standard
phases", thus similar in its use to builder = ./build.sh, but more
appropriate if you prefer to put everything in a single file (see
nixpkgs/pkgs/stdenv/generic/setup.sh where buildCommand is invoked by
genericBuild).

BTW: I just noticed that buildCommand is not documented in the Nixpkgs
Manual.

Marco