[Nix-dev] Re: new nixpkg: hol

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud+nix at ya.ru
Wed Aug 25 16:00:10 CEST 2010

Tom Ridge wrote:

> Please find attached my default.nix for hol
> (applications/science/logic/hol). Can you also add this to the
> top-level/all-packages.nix?
>
> Comments appreciated.

>   {stdenv, fetchurl, gcc, polyml}:
>  # gcc for lexer
stdenv contains gcc.

"http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/hol/hol/kananaskis-5/kananaskis-5.tar.gz";
>  sha256 = "1qjfx5ii80v17yr04hz70n8aa46892fjc4qcxs9gs7nh3hw7rvmx"; };
Just mirror://sourceforge/hol/kananaskis-5.tar.gz should work.

>  buildInputs = [polyml gcc];
buildInputs = [ polyml gcc ]; is enough

>  buildCommand = ''
If you want to override the whole build process, use builder = ./builder.sh.
buildCommand is invoked after unpacking the sources, cd into resulting dir
and ./configure --prefix=$out.
>  tar -xzf "$src"
>  cd hol
So you unpack src twice.
I'd try to split build script into standard phases.

>  meta = {
>  description = "An interactive theorem prover based on Higher-Order
>  Logic."; longDescription = ''
>  HOL FIXME
>  '';
Get rid of those FIXMEs.