[Nix-dev] awesome locale issues

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Mon Aug 23 18:54:08 CEST 2010

One step, further: awesome is running with popen (thx peter!) and the
battery and clock obvious widgets are working.

However, instead of displaying the volume_alsa and wlan widget,
.xsession-errors is filling with:

awesome: draw_iso2utf8:81: text conversion failed: Invalid or incomplete
multibyte or wide character

And the clock widget is showing UTC instead of CEST. This was also the case for awesome's default clock, i.e. should not be related to the obvious widget lib.

Are these problems connected?

I use nix on-top of ubuntu 10.4.1, single-user setup all chowned to my user.
I only installed awesome and lua (to get the interpreter in ./bin)

regards
florian

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: EA5C F2B4 FBBB BA65 3DCD  E8ED 82A1 6522 4A1F 4367
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC