[Nix-dev] An interview to the fossil creator about fossil

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 01:22:07 CEST 2010

On Sunday 08 August 2010 01:58:50 Michael Raskin wrote:
> On 08/08/2010 02:44 AM, Evgeny Egorochkin wrote:
> > Also it's sad that there doesn't seem to be a distributed wiki although
> > maybe some git-based wiki could be patched to only look into a certain
> > dir in the repo... ikiwiki maybe? After all the easiest thing is to put
> > wiki into wiki dir and consider it done.
>
> ikiwiki would probably do.. Can be run over many DVCSes
>
> > So missing things are: ui for distributed bugtracker, "distributed" links
> > between projects, bugs, wikis and commits...
>
> Well, it looks like veracity has a bugtracker in it (with actual web UI)
> in addition to a VCS.

If this is it, then it's not terribly impressive:
http://www.ericsink.com/entries/veracity_early.html

> Of course, just using parts of fossil is not out
> of question. There is a way to use ikiwiki as a bug tracker...
> Possibilities are numerous.

ikiwiki makes for a crappy bug tracker, they admit it. We probably want as
much metadata explicitly stored as possible.
http://ikiwiki.info/tips/integrated_issue_tracking_with_ikiwiki/

Basically it's all about devising a storage format that's dvcs-friendly and
making a web interface for it...

--
Evgeny