[Nix-dev] stdenv rebuild warning

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Aug 5 19:49:08 CEST 2010

> No it isn't.  Peter announced a change in advance, giving other people a change
> to respond.  So do you object to merging the parallel build stuff?
In general no - I hoped that the list discussed an enhancement of it
till the end - which would satisfy me as well.

In particular Peter missed (/ ignored?) two of my requests to give yet
another short reply. So I intervened and reminded of it a third time.

What do I want? Discuss whether you want to merge Peters patches first -
and my enhancement later (which will cause heavy rebuilds on trunk two
times) - or whether you would accept this idea sot hat the enhancement
can be merged.

It takes me 2 days max to prepare those patches.

Additional I'd like to ask people in general to replace "dislikings" by
proposals - which includes acknowledging that the goal has been reached
after a second patch series has been send.

Eelco Dolstra  - you somehow missed having a quick glance at this
patch series we came up with and agreed uppon to replace the solution
you disliked
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/4497

Marc Weber