[Nix-dev] Re: Nix 0.13pre17232 doesn't work on i386-apple-darwin9.7.0

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Sep 30 10:32:19 CEST 2009

Hi Lluís,

 > I consider nixpkgs 'unpure' if you use a stdenv that uses
 > out-of-the-store commands. That is, 'stdenvNative' or 'stdenvNix'.

I see, thank you for the explanation. What I don't quite see, though, is
how use of unpure components in stdenv can make store paths collide
between different systems. I assume that the contents of 'system' is
part of those hashes, right? If it is, then how can two different
systems generate identical store paths?

Take care,
Peter