[Nix-dev] Nix 0.13pre17232 doesn't work on i386-apple-darwin9.7.0

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Tue Sep 29 18:07:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

Peter Simons wrote:

> reportedly, some people have been able to install Nix on MacOS X. It is
> a mystery to me how that might have worked. On my machine, Nix produces
> a lot of errors during "make check":
>
>  | installing `foo-1.0'
>  | dyld: Symbol not found: _environ

It just so happens that I fixed this bug last week (r17367).  The cause was a
clash between Perl's libutil and Nix's libutil, which only happens during "make
check" (because Libtool generates a wrapper script that sets DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH).
 The installed executables don't rely on DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, so they worked fine.