[Nix-dev] nix channels and nix expressions

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:00:22 CEST 2009

We are trying to keep the nixpkgs trunk stable, for non stable changes
we use other branches, I think. OF course it's a stability linked to
bleeding-edge, so not a very tested product.

The current stable releases, afaik, have only been snapshots taken of
nixpkgs before huge steps forward, and they have not been maintained
appart, so they are as stable as the trunk was at that moment. I don't
think those moments were of extraordinary stability of trunk.

Nevertheless, the veterans may know better on this.

Regards,
Lluís.