[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 17415 - simons - nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/libraries/gtk-libs/2.16/glib

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Sep 25 15:52:34 CEST 2009

Hello,

Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> writes:

> +  # TODO: The setup script adds --disable-static to ./configure by
> +  # default. The nbd-server, however, would like to link this library
> +  # statically (so that nbd-server can itself be a static binary). I
> +  # have no clue how to solve it properly, but a solution that would
> +  # work is this one:
> +  #
> +  # configureFlags = "--enable-static";
> +  #
> +  # There has to be a better way?

That seems OK to me.  The reason for adding ‘--disable-static’ by
default is that it seems to be a good default in the majority of cases.
When it’s not desirable, feel free to override it, e.g., by using
‘--enable-static --enable-shared’.

Out of curiosity, why does nbd-server want to link statically against
Glib?

Thanks,
Ludo’.