[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 17390 - viric - nixos/trunk/modules/system/boot

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:41:31 CEST 2009

Hello,

2009/9/23 Nicolas Pierron <nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com>:
> Why do you need to apply patchelf twice?
I don't know. otherwise, the binaries segfault in armv5tel.

Once I only noticed that applying patchelf, all segfaults, and
reported the bug to Eelco Dolstra. I even wanted to debug that... but
the segfault is in the dynamic loader (in strcmp), and at that time I
didn't have a buildable glibc with enough debug info.

While I was putting effort at trying to build a glibc, I discovered by
change that two times patchelf make the binary work there. This pushed
down the interest of fixing patchelf to me and Eelco (if he ever had
much ;).

He told me that in some architectures he saw that double-patchelf
breaks the binaries.

We still wait for a fix in patchelf, and for time to spend in it. I
also commited some double patchelf to the nixpkgs stdenv-updates
branch I think, maybe there I commented the situation better, at least
in the commit messages. I can't remember.

Regards,
Lluís.