[Nix-dev] Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 17077 - MarcWeber - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: applications/networking/browsers applications/networking/browsers/netsurf development/misc/bleeding-edge-repos misc top-level

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Sep 14 16:03:16 CEST 2009

Hi Ludo

> Thanks for your reply.  I’d prefer a public reply,
Sorry, accident. I still haven't patched sup to *always* send to the
mailinglist as mutt does.

Ludo:
Have a look at the package:
It doesn't build. Nobody will use it because the browser can't cope with
JavaScript. It should run on arm though. So Luis might be interested.
it's not only JS, the render engine is even slower than firefox. I only
tested on large offline html page.

Also I called it name = "netsurf-devel"; which clearly tells everyone
that it is not stable. Do you think differently about this name?

If you don't know where to get a new tar? Then have a look at either svn
blame or the maintainer field.

I've intruduced the list to sourceByName twice.

I'm open for a discussion about the topic
"Which is the best way to mark that a package is unstable / experimental ?"

Apart from that I'd like to fix the build and close this topic.
I don't feel that this topic generates much value to anyone.

Maybe I shouldn't have comitted the package at all. The homepage sounds
promising (small fast browser ..)

Marc Weber

PS: The missing mail I sent to Ludo previsously. It should have been
public. I apologize once again: