[Nix-dev] Porting NixOS

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:12:31 CEST 2009

Btw, I'm caring on the port to the Sheevaplug (arm + u-boot). Many
things already work from nixpkgs stdenvLinux, but I still can't
recreate bootstrapfiles (dietlibc doesn't work in arm-eabi, I may try
with glibc there). I don't work intensively at all on that, but I
don't use the Sheevaplug for any other task, and I don't plan to,
until I get a minimum NixOS there working.

I plan to write u-boot related code in nixos in order to manage the
boot of previous configurations. I don't think it will be very
difficult. u-boot doesn't show any menu easily, but can be stopped
from auto-boot on timeout, and then having set some easy-to-find
u-boot ready scripts for each system generation, an experienced user
should be able to easily boot an old config.

Regards,
Lluís.