[Nix-dev] Error during boot

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Sun Sep 6 11:14:54 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

recently I updated my nixos machine and now I get the following error
during boot

  [...]
  udevd[987]: error getting signalfd

  An error occured in stage 1 of the boot process, which must mount the
  [...]

The strange thing for me is that I have another machine with an almost
identical configuration which does not have the same problem.

Note: in both machines I use kernel 2.6.25 (indispensable for the
present stable version of cryopid).
Both machines are virtualized with VirtualBox, but one is hosted by
MacOS and the other by Ubuntu, this is pretty much the sole difference
between them.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advace,
Marco