[Nix-dev] Installing older ocaml

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Fri Oct 30 15:31:09 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 13:06 +0100, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Marco Maggesi wrote:
>
> >> Given that I cannot get coq to build, what is the proper proceedure to
> >> install an older version of ocaml?
> >
> > Hi Russell!
> >
> > I wrote a nix expression for Coq.
> > You can grab a tarball from my home page.
> > E.g., you can install coq (with coqide) as follows:
> >
> > wget http://web.math.unifi.it/~maggesi/mm-nix.tgz
>
> Looks great :-)
>
> Since nobody else has committed this yet: do you want commit access to do it
> yourself?  Otherwise I'll commit it.

Ok.  I would be glad to contribute.

If there are no objections I can also commit a few of other packages:
- Scsh (the scheme shell)
- PolyML (an ML interpreter and compiler)
- ProofGeneral (the emacs interface to many theorem provers)
- a newer version of Cryopid (which work with recent kernel)
- Kerberos5
- OpenAFS client (for Nixos/Linux only).

M.