[Nix-dev] X.org 7.5?

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:21:00 CET 2009

Hi,

2009/10/28 Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru>:
>        As we know, X.org 7.5 is out. Should upgrade to X.org 7.5 be in trunk
> or in its own branch or in stdenv-updates (finally giving a strong
> reason to merge it)? Not that I am going to do it right now, but we'd
> better decide it before doing.

I just want to recall you that I've made a script to find out the
impact of a modification in NixPkgs:

nixpkgs/maintainers/scripts/rebuild-amount.sh

fell free to used it, and estimate the time that the buildfarm will
take to recompile these packages.  The problem is not updating or not,
the problem is avoiding compilation for our users.  if it is likely to
take a long time, then you should add it in a branch before merging
it.  (in order to let the buildfarm compile it)

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/