[Nix-dev] Re: gcc-wrapper depends on coreutils

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:44:53 CEST 2009

2009/10/19 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:
> Hello,
>
> Lluís Batlle <viriketo at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ikiwiki used the gcc wrapper, but did not use coreutils.
>> Ikiwiki is run through a cgi called from Apache, which does not have
>> coreutils in the path, and when calling the gcc wrapper I saw that the
>> wrapper needs 'cat'.
>
> Aaaah, I understand, thanks for clarifying.
>
> If you want to avoid “@coreutils@/bin/cat”, you may be able to just
> “sed -e"s|\<cat\>|$(type -P cat)|g"”.

I did a commit 'fixing' that @coreutils@/bin/cat, which wasn't that
good I saw later.

I tried that the new stdenv did not require a much more complicated
rebuild or dependencies. I've seen it seems to work in linux, looking
at hydra 'Errors'. But we should fix the other stdenv. We will
remember it, while they remain broken.

Regards,
Lluís.