[Nix-dev] I think I've found an ar archive bug

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:38:38 CEST 2009

The generic builder script has this excerpt of code:
    # By default, disable static builds.
    if test -z "$dontDisableStatic"; then
        if grep -q enable-static $configureScript; then
            configureFlags="--disable-static $configureFlags"
        fi
    fi

So, if you want the static library, set dontDisableStatic=true in your
derivation.

Why does audacity want the static version of the library? It should
not care much on that.

Regards,
Lluís.