[Nix-dev] Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 17813 - MarcWeber - nixos/trunk/modules/installer/tools

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Oct 15 13:36:13 CEST 2009

Hi ludo.

I thought about 4 different ways implementing this.

However this won.

"redo" means do it again

Normally you do it again because
a) there was a exception while running nix-instantiate
b) There was a compilation error

I thought that redo is fits better because it indicates that you think
some errors will occur again. That's why --show-trace will be added as
well. Adding --show-trace is the reason why I changed the name.

Adding --show-trace doesn't hurt. If there is no error it doesn't make a
difference. If there is you save some typing.

This --show-trace is also the reason why I abandoned the idea of
doing the right thing in almost all cases by pulling/ rebuilding nix
only once a day. Because this doesn't catch the exception case.

If you're still unlucky with the name --redo (Every English dictionary
should contain this term) we can change it.

re = do it again is quite common: rephrase, rewrite etc
do = everyone should know about it.

HTH
Marc Weber