[Nix-dev] nix-cache no longer available

Richard Woodbury rpwoodbu at mybox.org
Tue Oct 13 18:21:15 CEST 2009

Thanks again, Eelco; that fixed that particular problem.  However, I've hit another snag.  I've seen that I must upgrade to the latest "nix" package from stable
before even having a chance of parsing the Nix expressions in unstable... otherwise I get this:

$ nix-env -qa firefox
error: while evaluating the function at `/home/rpwoodbu/.nix-defexpr/channels/nixpkgs_unstable/pkgs/applications/video/MPlayer/trunk.nix', line 2:
while evaluating the attribute `jackaudio' at `/home/rpwoodbu/.nix-defexpr/channels/nixpkgs_unstable/pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix', line 8447:
while evaluating the function at `/home/rpwoodbu/.nix-defexpr/channels/nixpkgs_unstable/pkgs/lib/attrsets.nix', line 38:
attribute `isString' missing

If I upgrade to nix-0.13pre15214, that is fixed, but I get another problem:

$ nix-env -qa firefox
error: undefined variable `gtkLibs', in `/home/rpwoodbu/.nix-defexpr/channels/nixpkgs_unstable/pkgs/applications/graphics/gimp/plugins/default.nix'

I see that the "gimpPlugins" expression in .../top-level/all-packages.nix used to be commented out in stable, but is no longer, and seems to be causing grief
because gtkLibs is not contained in stdenv like .../gimp/plugins/default.nix expects.  This should be easy to fix.

Richie