[Nix-dev] Wireless firmware for NixOS Live CD

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Sun Oct 11 15:42:03 CEST 2009

Hi, I'm a new NixOS user.

First I would like to thanky Marc Weber for all his help in getting NixOS
installed on my laptop.

One issue is that neither my wireless, nor my wired network worked off the
Live CD, as yopposed to the Kubuntu 8.04 live CD where the wireless
worked.

For my wireless network, the driver was installed fine, it is just missing
the firmware.  On my now working system I have the following in my
configuration:

    hardware.firmware = [ pkgs.iwlwifi5000ucode ];

perhaps firmware such as this can be added to the live CD's configuration
to prevent others from running into my problem.

Thanks.