[Nix-dev] can't share a store between i686-linux and i686-darwin (was: Nix 0.13pre17232 doesn't work on i386-apple-darwin9.7.0)

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:09:11 CEST 2009

I don't think you can use a /nix/store without its /nix/var/nix files
(the db). When you say 'rsync the store' I guess you don't include the
/nix/var/nix, which may not be rsync-able.

Maybe the experts can throw some light, because I don't have any proof
for the behaviour I assume. I imagine that the validity of store paths
is kept in /nix/var/nix, not in the /nix/store.

Regards,
Lluís.