[Nix-dev] subversion expression broken

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Oct 2 22:32:48 CEST 2009

What I usually do:

Use a tool like git bisect to find the revision which broke things..
Be aware that even NIXPKGS_CONFIG can break it :-)

There is another way:
Digg up the patch I was told to remove again from rev 17405  nixpkgs.
It should tell you what is passed exactly instead of the string..
And this give a clue where something goes wrong.

You already know about -iA .. now.

Anyway: We should try figuring out what causes this error.

If I were you I'd get a fresh new current checkout of nixpkgs and see
whether the error occurs as well using

export NIXPKGS_CONF=/tmp/empty
echo "{}" > /tmp/empty
nix-env -i subversion -f $NIXPKGS/pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix

I can't reproduce your problem using nixpkgs revision 17618.

Marc Weber