[Nix-dev] NixOS security issues

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Thu Nov 26 13:17:28 CET 2009

Hello,

I was told on the IRC channel that there are several known security issues
with Nix and NixOS. Could someone please tell me what these issues are?

In addition, I feel very uncomfortable with the fact that there usually are no
prompt fixes for security issues in software that is included in NixOS. As a
consequence, I subscibed to the RSS feed of the CVE vulnerabilities at
<http://nvd.nist.gov/download/nvd-rss.xml>. I’ll try to fix some of the issues
mentioned there, but my time is limited. So I’d be very happy if others could
join in to provide a kind of (rudimentary) security support for NixOS. Is
anyone interested?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang