[Nix-dev] Separating free and non-free packages, again

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 18:07:05 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 17:18, Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nicolas Pierron wrote:
>
>> So you just want a tool to retrieve meta.licence attributes for a
>> specified derivation.
>
> No, since you left out this part:
>
> "- Even if every package has a meta.license attribute, it doesn't give you the
> ability to phyiscally remove the expressions from tree (though I personally find
> that less important)."

I've just committed a patch which allow you to abort when an unfree /
non-free derivation are compiled (even if they are dependencies).

I hope this would give more interest in using the license field and
reassure gnu-addicted persons.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/