[Nix-dev] Re: Nix Logo.

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:32:53 CET 2009

2009/11/5 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:
> Hello,
>
> Nicolas Pierron
> <nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Here is the logo of Simon: http://www.haskell.org/sitewiki/images/5/5f/Sgf.svg
>> and more at: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_logos/New_logo_ideas
>
> [...]
>
>> IMO the Haskell logos seems to be "professional" compared to my own proposal.
>
> Agreed.
>
> I vote for the top-right logo in the SVG above (though perhaps with the
> colors of the bottom-right one.)
>
> And minus the “haskell” word.  ;-)
>
> Ludo’.

Hi guys,
Similar to attached? You'll need the original author's permission and
it has a mistake on one of the angles which I repaired. Source is
available if you get the author's permission to use his work.

My only concern with that and any other logo you guys choose is the
colour pallet because it's nice to standardise things like that for
reproducibility, redesign, derivative works and integration into other
projects, like a website for instance.
A popular colour pallet is the tango icon theme pallet and there are
plenty of others to choose from that come pre-loaded in inkscape.
I studied logo design at college (Logos like IBM and UPS, etc.) That's
why I'm interested in this thread.

Thanks,
Tony