[Nix-dev] nixos/tests

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:52:48 CET 2009

Hi Marc,

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 01:48, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm about playing with those automatic tests.
>
> However I dislike the default repository locations /etc/nixos/*.
> I'd prefer using relative paths because they will still work when
> running tests from /etc/nixos/nixos but they do work as well when
> putting the nix* repositories into a directory being different from
> /etc/nixos.
>
> How do you think about this?

I agree,

Moreover I think "services" is extremelly bad because NixOS depends on
it.  I don't understand why we have to checkout both NixOS & services
to enable gw6c.  In such case, modules should go either in NixOS or in
services, but _not in both_.  A while ago, I've suggested that you can
benefit from multiple module directories, services can be a collection
of extra modules which are not used by most NixOS systems (like
jboss).

> I think it's nicer if things just work without having to pass different
> paths.
>
> Will I cause any breakage when committing this patch?

Not for my system at least.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/