[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 18081 - eelco - in nixpkgs/branches/xorg-7.5/pkgs: desktops/gnome-2.28/platform/libbonobo development/libraries/libgsf

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Wed Nov 4 10:28:09 CET 2009

Hello!

Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> writes:

> +  preConfigure =
> +    ''
> +      export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE+=" $(pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0)"
> +      export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE+=" $(pkg-config --cflags libbonobo-2.0)"
> +    '';

Why is it needed?

Besides, I think we should use $CFLAGS (which is honored by ‘configure’
and normally by Automake-generated makefiles) every time it’s possible.

The NIX_* environment variables look like an ugly kludge to me, in the
sense that the GNU Build System, which most packages built with
‘stdenv.mkDerivation’ use, allows custom compilation flags to be
specified explicitly via $CFLAGS et al.

Thanks,
Ludo’.