[Nix-dev] Error updating stdenv-updates from trunk

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:24:05 CET 2009

2009/11/4 Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl>:
> Lluís Batlle wrote:
>
>> Here is how I attempt the update. In a stdenv-updates working copy:
>> svn merge -r 17115:18006 https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/nixpkgs/trunk
>
> What if you try:
>
> svn merge https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/nixpkgs/trunk

Even if this worked, I don't think this would be doing the proper merge.
When I merged armv5tel-linux into stdenv-updates, armv5tel-linux was
more updated from trunk than stdenv-updates. Nevertheless, I plucked
the changes without involving any of the updates from trunk.

I think the mergeinfo got broken in stdenv-updates. I think some files
in stdenv-updates are tagged (property mergeinfo) as if they are
already updated from trunk as they were in armv5tel-linux.

Using the merge you propose, in a dry-run, I get:
Summary of conflicts:
Text conflicts: 11
Tree conflicts: 7

Using the merge I propose, in a dry-run, I get:
Summary of conflicts:
  Text conflicts: 2
  Tree conflicts: 1