[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 16035 - rob - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: build-support build-support/fetchgit top-level

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 23:30:14 CEST 2009

Hi Rob,

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 14:48, Rob Vermaas<rob.vermaas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Log:
>  * fetchgit and nix-prefetch-git

I've tried that a while ago, for swi-prolog, but I've left such things
because it takes much longer to clone the entire repository than
downloading the last tarball.  Moreover, the system cannot re-use the
prefect repository to incrementally update the working copy with a
"git pull".  So I don't see any advantage expect if some project are
not providing any other way to download their sources.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron