[Nix-dev] ./configure errors in Perl

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Jun 22 23:32:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

while building Perl on Linux/x86, I noticed a handful of error messages
like these:

 | [...]
 | Looking for nanosleep()... testing... ./tmp24475: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 |
 | *** The test run of './tmp24475' failed: status 32512
 | *** (the status means: errno = 127 or 'Key has expired')
 | *** DO NOT PANIC: this just means that *some* functionality will be missing.
 | NOT found.
 | You cannot mix subsecond sleeps with signals.
 | (It would not be portable anyway.)
 | Looking for clock_gettime()... ./tmp24475: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 |
 | *** The test run of './tmp24475' failed: status 32512
 | *** (the status means: errno = 127 or 'Key has expired')
 | *** DO NOT PANIC: this just means that *some* functionality will be missing.
 | ./tmp24475: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 | [...]

Apparently, Perl cannot load libpthread.so in the configure phase. It
doesn't look like a serious problem, i.e. Perl builds successfully, but
still the missing functionality might be important to some packages.

Does anyone have an idea as for what might be causing these problems?

Take care,
Peter