[Nix-dev] synaptics touchpad problem in trunk

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 21:42:38 CEST 2009

2009/6/7 Tony White <tonywhite100 at googlemail.com>:
> Hi Lluís,
> I checked out trunk yesterday, using :
> $ svn up /etc/nixos/nixos
> $ svn up /etc/nixos/nixpkgs
> $ nixos-rebuild switch
>
> I'm at nix-0.13pre15614. That's trunk right?
It's not that important about the nix version, but about the nixos version.

> You are right about the pkgs.synaptics and pkgs.xorg.synaptics
> difference, it looks like pkgs.synaptics is being called instead here.
It's wrong in trunk. Maybe I commited that to modular-nixos.

> So do I just add pkgs.xorg.synaptics to extraPackages in
> configuration.nix or am I not using trunk and need to switch to it?
I finally checked nixos trunk, and there in xserver.nix is:
    ++ (optional cfg.synaptics.enable ["${xorg.xf86inputsynaptics}"]);

This means the xorg package is taken, and not pkgs.synaptics. I don't
think you are using the nixos trunk, then. Can't you see that same
line?

Regards,
Lluís.