[Nix-dev] Java license, how to present it for acceptance ?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Jan 31 23:35:51 CET 2009

> Now the question, is how should we do that ?

:-)

Eclipse equinox p2 does show a license only once now. That's a major
improvement.
I know that the user doesn't have to read the license this way. That's
not the point. The point is: by setting that option to true he knows
there is a license which he can lookup and read. That's the intention.
I think that's what debian is doing.

On the other hand: How many different typings of the same license can be
found in /nix/store?

Should we just add packages

gplVx = ..
gplVy = ...

and replace the licenses shipping with the applications by those?

In the end it doesn't matter what we do.
You can always use nix-env to install a prebuild storepath thereby not
reading any license at all unless you wrap all executables making them
show the license.

The perfect solution is:
Show licenses only once. I don't know which is the way to accopmlish
this (yet). Should this apply to system administrators as well?

Marc