[Nix-dev] selectVersion

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:45:10 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 14:24, Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can somebody explain what the use of selectVersion in all-packages.nix is?  It's
> full of calls like
>
>  selectVersion ../tools/system/ddrescue "1.8"
>
> which seems rather pointless to me, given that you can just as easily say
> "import ../tools/system/ddrescue/1.8.nix".  I propose a global search/replace to
> get rid of them...

If I understand the point of selectVersion, this was used to override
the default version number when it is used with composedArgsAndFun.
So if you need a non-default version, you can just specify which
version you want.

look at ltrace to see an example on elfutils.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron