[Nix-dev] mysqld dying from time to time

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Jan 27 13:44:11 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:59:31AM +0100, Lluís Batlle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've noticed in my nixos server (always turned on) that mysqld dies
> from time to time (after some hours or days running well), so I have
> to run "start mysqld" again to get it working.
>
> I noticed no trace in the mysql log files. Is anyone using mysqld?

I've been using this for a year now
st_mysql is aliased to `rm /var/log/mysql/*; sudo mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql/ --log=/var/log/mysql # --err-log=/tmp/e '

However that's just because I never took the time to have a look at the
upstart job yet. That time it didn't work.

Anyway its strange because upstart job should restart mysqd then
automatically after dying.

Marc