[Nix-dev] Re: Python 3

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Feb 20 14:49:16 CET 2009

Hi Marc,

in e-mail communication, it's easy to be misunderstood, particularly when
people talk who don't know each other in person. It's hard to interpret what
the other person is saying, because those non-verbal clues that we'd
normally have -- facial expression, sound of the voice, etc. -- are lacking.

Now, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say this, but my impression is that you're
reluctant to discuss this subject, or, more precisely, you seem to be
reluctant to discuss it with me. The dependency question clearly interests
you, because you participate in other threads about the topic, but for me it
seems to be very hard to get a response from you. It feels like most of the
contents of my last few e-mail doesn't really sink into your consciousness.

When I have that impression, it usually means that I express my thoughts
poorly. That happens sometimes.

For the time being, I suggest we agree to disagree, sort of, and just leave
things as they are on the Python front.

Take care,
Peter