[Nix-dev] Re: avr-gcc and .o include dirs?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Feb 12 13:30:51 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:53:21PM +0000, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> writes:
>
> > The problem:
> > avrlibc creates a mcu (microcontroller unit) specific .o file.
> > That one is needed to link the final program.
>
> Are you referring to crt.o and similar files?
They're called crtsxy.o where xy = mcu (microcontroller unit ) type

> I don't clearly understand what your problem is, though.

You got it . I neither knew about -B nor did I find it.
However that's not the only problem I still have:

a) The final compiler doesn't us avr-as, avr-ld but as, ld
b) When comiling an example it also tried linking with libgcc which had
a wrong format. But that might be caused by using a wrong binutils
tools.

Maybe I can find some more solutions..
I'll have a look at the cross-branch work as well (done by Armijn 2 (and
others (?) two years ago..)

Marc Weber