[Nix-dev] Running kde from a session script

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:20:15 CET 2009

Hello,

I use 'slim' as a login screen for X. And I use a ~/.session-starter
script to start my wm.
      sessionType = "";
      windowManager = "none";
      sessionStarter = "$HOME/.session-starter";

I'd like another user to run 'kde'. I don't run kde with my user. We
have kdebase-3.5 and kdelibs-3.5 installed. I think that user could
have a "startkde" in the session starter script.
That loads partly KDE (appear the pictures showing load of modules),
but no desktop or program bar appears. Only a black screen.

What am I doing wrong? Should I use kde4 instead? I don't care about
the kde version, if its programs are running.

Thank you,
Lluís.