[Nix-dev] Reorganization of the nixpkg file hierarchy

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Feb 8 10:52:23 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 10:39:56AM +0300, Michael Raskin wrote:
> NTFS technically can store symlinks. Is there a sane tool for creating
> them is unclear. Maybe there is a sysinternals one. Cygwin uses a
> umsdos-like workaround that works even on FAT.

I know, but nix won't work on FAT. It requires NTFS because it stores
different time stamps or such. I've tried it once and failed because of
that.

The reason has been another: I think nix is a really great tool and at
least I'd like to think about beeing able using native windows tools
one day. That's why I don't want to have to support symlinks for such a
optional feature. That's only my thought and interest.

Marc