[Nix-dev] Reorganization of the nixpkg file hierarchy

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Feb 8 10:49:41 CET 2009

> In my opinion there will not be any redundancy for you if you want to
> ignore pkgtags/ directory alongside pkgs. Those who want to use it would
> find some - probably redundant - symlinks that will help them to
> understand what in nixpkgs structure corresponds to things they expect.

So we could use a text file and put in the path instead equally well.
I got it now.

But then we can use tags and we'll get the same result.

Maybe we could just use

meta = {
  gentoo_location = " app-admin/http";
  tags = [ "http" "daemons" ];
  [..]
}

Then we could even automatically generate those symlinks or files or
whatsoever ?

Why do i prefer this? Less work to mantain.

Marc Weber