[Nix-dev] Re: Reorganization of the nixpkg file hierarchy

Arie Middelkoop ariem at cs.uu.nl
Fri Feb 6 00:03:50 CET 2009

A true Nix developer would love having it's package source files in a
similar obfusccated structure as the nix store. So, I suggest giving
each package a uuid and putting the nix file in: pkgs/<uuid>/package.nix.

But seriously, now somebody put some effort in reorganizing the files,
and probably for nothing because there is not a single good reason to
switch. Then this is a pity of the wasted effort, that should be
prevented somehow the next time. This is difficult, because then you
need to ask and is it clear who is practically in charge?