[Nix-dev] Re: Reorganization of the nixpkg file hierarchy

John Altobelli acocaracha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 23:57:38 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe that both categorization schemes have their respective
> advantages and disadvantages, but ultimately those difference feel very
> minor to me. All things considered, both schemes appear to work equally
> well. I can't say that I'd feel strongly about this subject. I do feel,
> however, there are more important subjects to work on Nix than changing
> the directory structure.
>
> Just my 2 cents,
> Peter

I agree that there are many important things to work on within nix,
but discussion on how it's organized should always be considered
because as more projects get added it's only going to get more
difficult.  I come with the experience of someone new looking at the
tree and having no idea where to put new packages.  To me it feels
necessary to gain a handle on package organization before I can
incorporate my own.