[Nix-dev] read-only nix store

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Tue Dec 29 18:48:20 CET 2009

I'm surprised that derivations in the nix store are not read only.  I
would have expected the last step of building a derivation would be to
make the final result read only.

When making nix packages I keep encountering problems where the program
writes into the store at runtime.  If derivations were made read only,
finding these problems might be easier, and there would be less chance of
derivations being "corrupted".