[Nix-dev] Order of the upstart scripts on stop

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 13:21:44 CET 2009

As the little I understand from upstart, on shutdown, only the
'shutdown' job is started. And it has a script that does:
          # Stop all Upstart jobs.
          initctl list | while IFS=", " read jobName status rest; do
              if test "$jobName" != shutdown -a "$status" !=
"stop/waiting"; then
                  echo "stopping $jobName..."
                  stop "$jobName"
              fi
          done

How does it cope with setting any kind of order in the stop sequence?

I would like to write an expression that umounts NFS shares before
stopping portmap and statd, and I don't know how to do that.

Ideas?

Regards,
Lluís.