[Nix-dev] Re: How to stop nix-collect-garbage from expiring source code tarballs?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Dec 21 14:12:27 CET 2009

Hi Eelco,

 > I did make some changes to the garbage collector, but I can't reproduce
 > this: [...]

curiously enough, my results are mixed.

One one machine, everything works as expected, i.e. "gc-keep-outputs=yes" is
honored. On another machine, it is not. When I run nix-collect-garbage on that
computer, all source tarballs are always expired.

I'll try what happens when I re-build everything from scratch using a clean Nix
store.

Is it conceivable that the /nix repository on that other computer has been
corrupted in such a way that those dependencies are no longer recognized?

Take care,
Peter