[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 19009 - MarcWeber - in nixos/trunk/modules: . installer installer/init-script system/activation

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Dec 17 18:13:23 CET 2009

Hi Eelco Dolstra,

Sorry about breaking things, I couldn't choose between
setting the builder to "" and "${script} $out"
or "true" @...@
Somhow I managed to mix both ways :-(

Yes. MAybe you should help me with the namings then.
I implemented this some month ago. However I never comitted it.

Many virtual hosting solutions require an /sbin/inint script they can
start. Rob Vermaas later told me that linode also provides grub pv.
I missed that.
The init file looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
# NixOS - Default
# created by init-script-builder.sh
export systemConfig=/nix/store/3pmf5p0f1657fayphx160djavrg4j4gd-system
exec /nix/store/r6dx7vk4iwfd1jv27mdf86wwln7wm4j1-stage-2-init.sh
# older configurations: /boot/init-other-configurations-contents.txt

And init-other-configurations-contents.txt contains older generations.
When using a /sbin/init script to start your NixOS installation you
probably have access to the file system in some way. So if you want to
switch back you can copy paste sections from that .txt file into
/sbin/init.

Thank you for fixing the regression.

Marc Weber