[Nix-dev] Re: Distributing unreleased software

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Dec 13 01:29:24 CET 2009

Excerpts from ludo's message of Sun Dec 13 01:07:51 +0100 2009:
> Nixpkgs is /not/ a testbed for continuous integration of all the code it
> packages.  There are separate projects at hydra.nixos.org for that.
I hope you haven't had the impression that I was abusing nixpkgs to for
continuous integration. Doing so results in one commit a day updating
packages :)

Well: How do you think about me moving this stuff into a different
repository? I'll add a page to the wiki telling about different
repositories then.

Eelco Dolstra:
  Do you think it would be easy to make nixos.org checkout nix source
  repositories providing a list of additional experimental packages you
  can search?
  I'm willing to help implementing this feature.
  Because if we start moving packages outside It think there should be a
  way to find them.

But I think we agree that MPlayerTrunk is an exception and should stay,
do we?

Marc Weber